The Customer: An intermodal freight carrier in Florida, using a mix of owner operators and fleet drivers.
The Challenge: The firm had paid thousands in additional premium to their existing Workers'Compensation carrier for their independent contractors after their annual audit despite being covered under an Occupational Accident policy. They were urgently seeking a solution to reduce costs while still protecting the drivers.
The Solution: All Risks was able to secure the freight carrier coverage for the owner operators under an Occupational Accident policy and a WC policy for the W-2 paid fleet drivers under one carrier. A Contingent Liability policy was also added to provide the freight carrier assistance with defense costs in the event an owner operator claims misclassification and requests benefits under the WC policy.
The Results: The savings was in excess of $25,000 by placing the three coverage lines with one carrier.
- Admitted-basis only
- Excluded states- NY, CO, CA, NC (amongst others dependent upon carrier)
- At least 80% of the total premium must come from the Occ Acc policy
- No prior coverage/new venture acceptable
- Minimum of 15 owner operators (size varies for non-trucking classes)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accident Medical Expense Benefit
- Continuous/ Temporary Total Disability
- Contingent Liability
- Home Health
- Companion Care
- Professional Services
- And more!
- Accident & Health